Some of you may have heard on the news or read in the paper about the gap fire. It started on Tuesday and has since burned more than 8,357 acres and its only 24% contained! And what makes it so threatening is that it's burning in the foothills of Santa Barbara and Goleta, close to homes and neighborhoods.
Already over 1,600 homes have been evacuated. Thankfully, the area where I live is not threatened, but it has left an eerie smoke and haze covering the sky. Here are a few pictures from the past 3 days in Santa Barbara.All that to say I am still leaving in a few hours for Guatemala. A lot of the students who are going on the trip live in north Goleta and Santa Barbara. They have already had to evacuate their homes and pack up their belongings from home AND their bag for Guatemala. You can imagine how hard it is to leave the country not knowing whether your home will be safe.
If you are a person of prayer, please pray that the fire would be contained and that homes would not be damaged. Pray for safety as we travel and energy as we get settled in Guatemala tomorrow morning (we have a red-eye flight, leaving LAX at 1:30am)
Thanks for your continued support and prayers!
4 comments:
Bienvenidos a Guatemala, amiga! He orado y esperado que sus casas son bien. Tambien, espero que su fe harĂ¡ mas profundo en el fin. Estoy muy alegre sobre to viaje! Cuidense mucho, Graciela
Friend, I am praying for you as you are in Guate. Love it for me. Take lots of pictures. Buy some cool jewelry. Drink lots of coffee. Eat those sweet breads up. Enjoy your students and the company you meet up with. Experience Jesus at his best. You are loved.
Hey girl! Your blog is amazing and I really enjoyed the links you have up. I will definitely check your blog frequently so I can hear about your adventures. I hope you have a fabulous time. Miss you!
yo, am praying for thee, wish that I could blog in espanol, but no can do! this is lowly Jeff by the way - will keep working on Kids camp while you are away
Post a Comment